Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Treat Yo Self Tuesdays!

Let's be honest, this is a totally appropriate blog title. I think "Treat yo self" is like my motto.

I'm gonna drop some pics of our fave snack places below just to make you hate me, or so you can go check them out!

This past weekend the kids and I went to Cocohodo & Sweet Vivian's for some liquid nitrogen ice cream!

I love this place bc they have an awesome variety of coffees and teas PLUS they do latte art which for me is like....yasssssss! You know I'm all about presentation!
 
This place is super cute, it's in this random shopping center that is half deserted and doesn't look like much from the outside but it's adorable and they have a new patio that I will definitely be spending some time once this Fall weather rolls in!
 
When someone orders ice cream they put on quite the show and all of the kids run over to watch!
 
Then there's the fact that the ice cream is insanely good!! They use real ingredients and it shows!
 
We got Nutella, peanut butter, and strawberry! They were all amazing but the Nutella flavor is TO. DIE. FOR. 
Oh and my green tea latte was incredible too! 

I don't think they have more than one location but if you are around the Katy area I definitely recommend it! They have food too, I think crepes and such but I have yet to try anything but dessert! When I do, I'll let you know!


   Now to a very important topic: DONUTS. There's this little hole-in-the-wall donut shop here in Katy called GLAZE! It's in Old Katy which I don't venture to often but this place is worth the trip!

If you are a donut snob like I am (sorry fellow Houstonians, Shipleys is garbage) you will love this place!
 
On this trip we tried Strawberry Shortcake, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Birthday Cake, (and not pictured) the Bananas Foster Fritter, Sausage Kolaches, and Breakfast Tacos (bc this girl never passes on tacos!)

Everything was SO good! The kids were bouncing off the walls for 3 days...seriously.

Oh and since we are practically on the topic of CAKE...sending love to my fave cupcake place SMALLCAKES!
 
Most of you know, I'm like the queen of cupcakes! I have tried probably every cupcake place in the Houston area and when I travel I always look for cupcake places wherever I am!

There's a lot of competition out there and a lot of argument over who is the BEST but in my opinion SMALLCAKES wins, hands down!

They always have an awesome variety and great flavors plus the cake and icing is perfect! Not too dense and heavy, not too light and fluffy, perfect!

Last but not least, just a little shout out to my long time love Starbucks! 

The Pumpkin Spice Latte is back and the basic white girl in me is loving it! However, since it's still 100 degrees here, in the afternoon I like to get a Chai Tea Latte on ice and I ask them to add the pumpkin spice syrup and it's AHHMAZINGGG! I shared this tip on FB and everyone went nuts!

Also, because I'm festive, I am loving that they turned the birthday cake pops into Mummies for Halloween!
 

That's all for now! Next post will be Halloween themed!

-xo-
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment