Thursday, October 27, 2016

Little Monsters

If you know me, you know that I am Halloween OBSESSED! I get really into holidays in general but Halloween might be my favorite!

I always like to keep things super fun and festive for the kids so I try to plan fun things on the weekends when they aren't in school.

This year started off a bit rough bc of my lovely boob infection (#breastfeedingprobs) but I'm feeling much better now so I've been trying to cram everything in that I had planned before Halloween is over! Seriously, can October be a little longer?

Last weekend we took a little mini Fall trip to Dallas, I'll be doing a separate blog post on that but the weekend before (while I was still in the early stages of getting over the boob issue) we kept the fun at home!

On Saturday we did our annual pumpkin painting party! Loren was off on a hunting trip so it was just the kids and myself. We always carved pumpkins every year which was always a pain bc when you have young kids they have a hard time so you usually end up doing all the work. It's super messy, exhausting, and then your pumpkins turn to stinky mush a few days later. About 3 years ago I decided to try painting pumpkins instead and I was SOLD on it! The kids can do it without help, no stinky pumpkin guts or fruit flies, and the pumpkins last for weeks! 
 

We normally do it outside but it was still in the 90s here that weekend so I just set the kids up in the house. You can cover the floor with plastic and use a disposable table cloth and you are all good!
 
We started as it was getting dark so we incorporated glowsticks bc who doesn't love those? As far as the paint goes, I just go buy a bunch of acrylic paint at the craft store and a couple bags of assorted brushes.
 
Scarlett got in on the action too, I just gave her a brush with some water on the end.

 

On Sunday we did haunted gingerbread houses! The kids always love this bc they get to eat them afterwards! The gingerbread house kits were from Trader Joe's and I think they were only like $8 each.

 
Here is Leila's 
 
This is Ayden's 
 

Since Scarlett couldn't really partake in the gingerbread house decorating, she got to have a bath party!

 

To do this I just bought 2 packs of glow stick bracelets (each pack had 15 sticks). I bought non-toxic ones just in case they leaked for any reason and I'm careful not to let her chew on them (she does try lol) and other than that it's super easy and she loves it! 

I will be posting about our trip to Dallas in the next few days! If you have questions feel free to comment below! 

-xo-

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment